Yummy Carrot, Potato and Polenta Stew
(serves 3-4, or one big pot)
- 1 onion, cut into small dices
- 400g carrots, sliced
- 400g potatoes, diced
- 250g polenta (firm, not creamy), diced
- 100ml coconut milk (I used light)
- 40g tomato paste
- 1,5l vegetable stock (probably more or less, i didn't measure this)
- 2 tsp garlic salt (or less garlic flakes or fresh garlic)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 twig fresh rosemary, parsley, sage
- salt and pepper to taste, pinch chili, 1/4 tsp curry, 1/4 tsp dried marjoram, 1 tbs chives
Sauté the onion and fresh herbs in a large pot in the olive oil. Add carrots and potatoes, stir, wait a few minutes, then pour in the vegetable stock. Mix tomato paste and coconut milk, stir it in, then add the other spices. Close your pot and let it cook until the vegetables are soft. But the longer it cooks, the better it tastes!
Add the polenta cubes and remove the herbs. Turn off heat, wait five minutes, then take 1/3 to 1/2 of the stew and puree. Mix it back together, stir in the chives and serve.
In case you're curious, 1/4 of the recipe has 200 calories (with light coconut milk).
Actually, the idea with the polenta was an experiment, but it went great with the carrots and potatoes!
Just because I like to experiment. I just picked a lot of peppermint, so what could I try with this... *mad grin*